kumaa dii Uncle George om ii Aunty Rosita...
They have been together for ages through thick and thin. They engaged with each other for a very long period of time, had postponed their big day several times, dealt with a lot of family matters.. But, these circumstances did not affect their relationship and they finally became husband and wife on the 22nd September 2009....
My brother and I went back to Tambunan just to celebrate this beautiful wedding since George is our last uncle (mum's brother) to wed. Everyone was there to celebrate his big day and it was unbelievable that all his siblings were there to celebrate the event. I myself had a very enjoyable day during the celebration. Now I wonder what should I call George after this... Uncle George or just George????? All of us, his nieces and nephews used to call him George only and never call him Uncle (because he dislikes it).. If we call him George then we have to call his wife Rosita... LOL!!! It seems a little rude, isn't it?? I guess I have to learn how to call him Uncle from now on...^_^
My brother and I went back to Tambunan just to celebrate this beautiful wedding since George is our last uncle (mum's brother) to wed. Everyone was there to celebrate his big day and it was unbelievable that all his siblings were there to celebrate the event. I myself had a very enjoyable day during the celebration. Now I wonder what should I call George after this... Uncle George or just George????? All of us, his nieces and nephews used to call him George only and never call him Uncle (because he dislikes it).. If we call him George then we have to call his wife Rosita... LOL!!! It seems a little rude, isn't it?? I guess I have to learn how to call him Uncle from now on...^_^
The 4 sisters
(from left to right - mum, auntie ninie, auntie rose and auntie jane with their parents)
(from left to right - mum, auntie ninie, auntie rose and auntie jane with their parents)
The colour they chose for their wedding ~ Blue + Maroon. No wonder they look sooo blue in the picture. Managed to snap a family photo before the holy matrimony inside the church but my sister, Charlene was not inside the pic because she had to work on that day. Kesian gia... Jan jeles ahh.. lain kali ada chance lagi tu...
cake cutting ceremony ~ old school style
I like event like this simply because it brings families and friends together and getting the chance to experience the long forgotten tradition of Dusun wedding once again... But frankly speaking, I actually miss those home made tradisional drinks a.k.a tapai, tumpung, lihing, tinogoie and so on.... Aramaiitiee....^_^
I like event like this simply because it brings families and friends together and getting the chance to experience the long forgotten tradition of Dusun wedding once again... But frankly speaking, I actually miss those home made tradisional drinks a.k.a tapai, tumpung, lihing, tinogoie and so on.... Aramaiitiee....^_^



0 comments:
Post a Comment